As a highlight of National Mentoring Month 2016, Thank Your Mentor Day™ is celebrated January 21. Many Americans will reach out to thank or honor those individuals who encouraged and guided them, and had a lasting, positive impact on their lives. These are simple ways you can thank your mentor:
- Contact your mentor directly to express your appreciation.
- Express your gratitude on social media.
- Pass on what you received by becoming a mentor to a young person in your community.
- Make a financial contribution in your mentor’s honor.
- Write a tribute to your mentor for posting on the Project Leadership blog. Send to Sue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Thank Your Mentor Day™ is an initiative of the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. From National Mentoring Month.org.