Project Leadership is the only program in Delaware and Grant counties that offers a unique college access and success model for high school Scholars and for Scholars pursuing post-secondary degrees/credentials. Scholars are recruited into a one-on-one mentoring program to help them uphold their pledge, finish high school and transition to post-secondary. Community volunteers meet weekly with students either at their high school or in the community. Project Leadership’s mentoring model utilizes the relationships established by the mentor with the mentee to achieve critical milestones that contribute toward student success and post-secondary preparedness.
Students who become Scholars are matched in a 1-1 school- and community-based mentoring model.
Mentoring program tools for success:
- Scholarship: The 21st Century Scholars program pays for up to 8 semesters of tuition at public Indiana colleges, universities or technical programs, depending on the amount of funding available from the state each year.
- One-on-one attention: PL matches community volunteers with high school students to encourage them in their academic and life choices.
- Consistency: Mentors and mentees meet once per week.
- Positive social interaction: Activities such as back-to-school gatherings and holiday parties encourage interaction between mentees, mentors and families in group settings.
- Portfolio coaching: Mentees receive portfolio kits and compile resume, mission statement, teamwork, community outreach, work experience, academic skills, dreams, talents, recognitions and leadership pages. The project is a journey of self-exploration, as well as a project that can help students apply for scholarships, college and future jobs.
- Mentees receive guidance and support for completion of the 21st Century Scholar SSP (Scholar Success Program), a new state-mandated program for high school Scholars.
Are you a Scholar residing in Delaware or Grant county and interested in having a mentor? Complete the Project Leadership Mentee Application.
Interested in mentoring opportunities? Complete the Project Leadership mentor application.