Support services are provided to mentoring program participants to assist them in completing a post-secondary degree or credential. This recent expansion in Project Leadership programming was brought about by an alarming lack of persistence of 21st Century Scholars in the post-secondary setting. On average, in Indiana, about 1 in 10 Scholars complete their degrees or credentials on time. Three in 10 Scholars complete at all.
Throughout the school year, post-secondary mentoring matches college students with adult mentors whose duties include:
- Establishing and maintaining an intensive coaching relationship with the Scholar that is focused on his or her college graduation.
- Supporting the Scholars fulfillment of the academic progress requirements of the Scholars program.
- Communication that includes contact via phone, e-mail or Skype, campus visits if possible and visits with the Scholar while they are back home.
Project Leadership staff is supporting post-secondary Scholars in the following ways:
- Contact with Scholars that includes contact after that via phone, e-mail, campus visits when possible and visits with the Scholar while they are back home.
- Ensuring Scholars are connected to the contact person and support systems on the post-secondary campus.
- Ensuring the student is on track to fulfill Scholar academic requirements by tracking the student’s data including school persistence, academic progress, financial aid and work status.
Join us as an adult mentor to a college student. Apply today!